Hockey on FIOS
ghoffer
Enthusiast - Level 1
Just checked NJ Devils schedule for playoffs and I see that the games are on TSN2. Where is that on my lineup, if you tell me it is NHL Network you will have one VERY upset customer. The only way for me to get NHL Network is to add the Sports package (7.99). That is OUTRAGEOUS! They are on MSG Plus all season and now I have to pay an additional $7.99 to see them in the playoffs. I have to endure them in Standard Defination, because you get get a contract with Cablevision. You call yourself a HD leader! 
Tags (3)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Hockey on FIOS
LILYOFTHEVALEE2
Enthusiast - Level 1
According to the Washington Capitals, their local channel, Comcast SportsNet, will still carry the playoffs except the NBC game.  Check with your local channel to see if they may have it also.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
LILYOFTHEVALEE2
Enthusiast - Level 1
It is not so much Verizon as the NHL has their post-season contracts with certain networks, and those don't include the local networks.  TSN, Versus, and NBC are basically exclusive rights holders to the playoff games.  The league decided that the two Eastern Conference Series that would be the big ones in the first round were the Flyers/Pens and the Capitals/Rangers.  Might get better coverage when the Devils get past the Hurricanes.
Message Edited by LILYOFTHEVALEE2 on 04-13-2009 09:11 AM
0 Likes
ghoffer
Enthusiast - Level 1
Where is TSN & TSN2?
0 Likes
LILYOFTHEVALEE2
Enthusiast - Level 1
According to the Washington Capitals, their local channel, Comcast SportsNet, will still carry the playoffs except the NBC game.  Check with your local channel to see if they may have it also.
0 Likes
skanter
No Rangers and Capitals on Verizon Fios - **bleep**!!!
0 Likes