jacheter
Enthusiast - Level 2

The bad news - FOX is being pulled from FIOS lineup in MA
The good news - No FOX on FIOS

0 Likes
Re: Keep Fox25!
kevinc10141957

I'm assuming comcast had the same choice to make...they still hve it. Just pay it, you're getting  probably an

average of 13 to 14 hundred annually from 400,000 customers to watch  ***'n tv. and fox is one of the main reasons we

pay ***,n prices. fix it fast, or I'm gone also...150 won't kill me.

0 Likes
sobahpete

In the constant commercial verizon is running they are whining about a ten percent increase. I'm paying $243 a month for cable, phone and net, which is insane but they have you over a barrel. They should pay Cox the money and eat the cost. Anybody ever try to discontinue some services and they tell you what is left will actually cost you more or only save you five bucks a month? Or my favorite, "oh thats a package and can't be changed."  I am also stuck in a two year contract. I am going to cancel and not pay them a dime and let them take me to court. Like so many have said it's breach of contract. If enough people quit and don't pay, they will be screwed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
wmeehan

I am dropping Verizon. I will call comcast and have them initiate service. Then will bring the verizon equipment back to a verizon center. I may have to pay a cancellation fee but comcast is offering a $300 debit card

0 Likes
Hereigo1
Enthusiast - Level 2
Actually Verizon's failure to negotiate pulled the plug. Sorry no warning on Thanksgiving just an email and the stupid constant message on the former fox network messed up a traditional Thanksgiving. I am a customer of Verizon at over $200 per month they are who I blame and will drop. My original post was edited by Verizon before it was posted here and I see other posts here that are likely thinly veiled company reps posing as forum members. Pretty bad poor Verizon.
0 Likes
Re: Cutting Fox is cutting my support for Verizon
Glen100
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is rediculous. One of my major everyday stations. Comcast has it and they have much better free TV on demand movies. Fios has nothing to offer for free on demand movies.  Comcast  gave us SO much more years ago. Well I think it is time to give comcast a call to see what they have. They broke our contract as I am not getting what is on my channels line-up. It's not like this is some channel nobody watches. I cut Verizon wireless after 20 plus years and now going to cut the cable. Anyone that want to get out of a contract will be able to.

0 Likes
CalmDog
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am tired of being overcharged and screwed with. Verizon, we had a legal agreement for you to provide a tier of TV service including Fox. Your problems negotiating with them are not OUR problem - suck it up and lose a tiny bit of your gigantic profit.

I was outraged when I found you cut off Fox and caused us to miss the most traditional football game of the year, and even more so when you turned off your customer service lines so you wouldn't have to take our complaints.

Tomorrow I will be writing my Mass state representives, the White House, and the FCC and use this as an example of exactly why ALL of the telcos need to be regulated and why we need more competition and less of this monopoly **bleep**.

we are all FED UP WITH IT. And I'm going to do something about it, and not just sit there.

I suggest all FIOS customers do the same - write the same people I am going to and make your opinion heard. We already have the fiber - lets see if we can force the government to open it up. I'm sure Google would love to provide a competetive service over my FIOS fiber.

TIRED OF THIS **bleep** VERIZON START LISTENING TO YOUR CUSTOMERS!

lammypie

It is disappointing that a major station such as this is off the air.  No local news or NFL.  I pay almost $200/mo for your service and this is one of the most often watch station for news, shows and sports.

0 Likes
Why keep FIOS if they cannot deliver the local channels?
hobo73

I like to be loyal to those I do business with, but when they cry they cannot afford to, and it's in the best interests of their customers, I say **bleep**!

I am paying more for Verizon FIOS triple play than what I'd pay Comcast/Xfinity for comparible service. So tell me Verizon - Why the hell should I keep you?

0 Likes
jjq68

Just another example of Verizons' lack of customer service.  REally dropping access to a major network that carries the NFL.  Everyone on teh planet knows the NFL is the king money maker in media.   Why not drop the redunant ABC affiliate or some of the other cable channels that very few people watch.

0 Likes