MLB Extra innings HD local blackouts not lifted after game is over
lauren_b

After the local broadcast is finished, the blackout should disappear. However, it doesn't. I patiently waited four days, till I submitted a ticket and after two days it was finally removed. Then last night, on another channel, the blackout again stayed after the game, and is still on today, and blocking the game being broadcast.

This only happens on HD channels. The blackouts on SD channels turn on for the game and turn off afterwards.

Also, most of the local games on the HD side have not been blacked out, so it hasn't become a huge issue till now. In fact today, there are two HD (away and home) broadcasts for my local team, and they not blacked out. I guess I should be glad, as then I would have 3 channels blacked out!

By black out, I mean the InDemand logo and message about the blackout is shown. So I am getting the channel OK.

This problem did not occur for the first two weeks of the season, as I never had a channel blacked out when it wasn't supposed to be. Although, it might have been a function, that the local HD MLB extra inning broadcasts were not blacked out on the HD channels (not that I cared, that is why I bought the package, to watch other teams).

Has anyone else run into this problem.Hard to believe that only my zipcode is having the issue, but if no one else is, than that is more information on the problem.

0 Likes
Re: MLB Extra innings HD local blackouts not lifted after game is over
lauren_b

It keeps happening. Is anyone from Verizon looking at this site at all?

I am lucky that not all the local games are blacked out on HD MLB extra innings. Monday, there were two broadcasts, home and away, and not blacked out, so at least I could watch the games that followed on the channels.

Tonight the 7pm slot on 1466 was blacked out, like it should, but then it did not disappear after the game, and now the following game is blacked out.

THe SD channels are blacked out and then release after the game is over.

Please FIX the problem!!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: MLB Extra innings HD local blackouts not lifted after game is over
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hello lauren_b,

While a Verizon employee may occasionally post here, this community is meant mainly for peer-to-peer support. If you need to talk to a Verizon representative, you should contact customer service directly through the Support page or Contact Us.

0 Likes