On Demand Programs on Premium Channels Not Free *AND* Not Many Episodes Available :-(
Seachief

Hi- I just fired Comcast Xfinity and switched to FiOS, I had only HBO as a premium on Xfinity, but I ordered the full premium line-up from Verizon FiOS.

Last night was first time to sit down and watch a few shows and a friend wanted to watch a few Curb Your Enthusiasm episodes on HBO OnDeman....Lo and behold most oif them were not offered, only two seasons of eight were there....that was way different than what I experiences on Xfinity where every episode was available (at least of that favorite HBO Series) and they were FREE, included in the HBO/HBO OnDemand Package...

So I now have HBO and HBO OnDemand, presumably the same lineup I had with the cable company, but on FiOS I have way less HBO Series episodes offered and to watch a season, usually (10) 20 minute episodes, it costs me (10*$2.99)=$29.99 instead of free/included with the same channel on Comcast???

Am I seeing this right? I chatted with Support and they told me five times in a row that many movies are free with those channels but that shows are not and they are priced individually. 

If thta's the case I'm pretty disappointed in the Premium channles on FiOS. The good news is I did sign in to HBO GO and all the episodes of most HBO shows are there for free for me and I can Chromecast them to the HDMI port on my receiver in HD...but what kind of bargain am I getting on Showtime OnDemand if I pay for every past episode of Dexter etc etc.

0 Likes
Re: On Demand Programs on Premium Channels Not Free *AND* Not Many Episodes Available :-(
FlameOut

I noticed that also. I was fed up with Comcast and when fios came to my area I dumped comcast to give fios a try. Now I'm stuck for two years. I never in my life thought I'd miss comcast but if things dont change, I'll be switching the day this stupid contract is up, but verizon will have my $4000

0 Likes
Re: On Demand Programs on Premium Channels Not Free *AND* Not Many Episodes Available :-(
Hubrisnxs
Legend

It might be the way your searching. 

If you search for it by title then you get lumped into the general VOD folders.   Believe it or not there are a lot of people that WANT to buy and Rent those titles.

So that means you CAN and SHOULD still be able to see your free content, but try looking for it differently.  Try just navigating to the folder.

So go on demand > free tv or movies > premium > hbo   and then search for it that way.  you should get them free in there.

0 Likes