On Screen Alerts with NFL Redzone not working?
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

I wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue.  I have set up to get an on screen alert anytime certain teams enter the Redzone and are being shown on the Redzone channel.  I did this through the Redzone Widget.  However, I did not get any on screen alerts.  My understanding was that an onscreen alert would pop up to let you know that a team that you selected was being shown on the Redzone Channel so you could switch to that channel.  My understanding was also that the onscreen alert would occur no matter what channel you were currently watching.

I just wanted to see if anyone else had this issue and whether my understanding of the on screen alerts is correct.  Do I need to do something else?  Does it not work on any channel you are on?

Any information would be appreciated.  Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: On Screen Alerts with NFL Redzone not working?
UnnDunn
Contributor - Level 3

@MiMeQu wrote:

I wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue.  I have set up to get an on screen alert anytime certain teams enter the Redzone and are being shown on the Redzone channel.  I did this through the Redzone Widget.  However, I did not get any on screen alerts.  My understanding was that an onscreen alert would pop up to let you know that a team that you selected was being shown on the Redzone Channel so you could switch to that channel.  My understanding was also that the onscreen alert would occur no matter what channel you were currently watching.

I just wanted to see if anyone else had this issue and whether my understanding of the on screen alerts is correct.  Do I need to do something else?  Does it not work on any channel you are on?

The widget must be active for you to receive alerts. Next week, while RedZone is broadcasting, make sure you launch the FiOS Football Widget and remain in the widget to receive alerts.

While in the widget, press the FiOS TV button (LIVE TV on some remotes) to toggle between full-screen and widget modes, and switch to your game by inputting the channel number for your game. While in widget mode, or while an alert is on screen, pressing C will take you to the NFL RedZone channel, however to get back to your game, you must input the appropriate channel number (the LAST button will not work--Verizon PLZFIX!!!)

You will not be able to use the Guide, Menu or Info screens without exiting the widget. If you exit the widget (either by pressing Exit or by attempting to access the Guide, Info or Menu screens) you will no longer receive alerts,

View solution in original post

VZ_Ron
Contributor - Level 2

Hey MiMeQu, you are subscribe to the NFL RedZone channel or you have the Ultimate HD package because the RedZone channel works only on game when games are being broadcast.  The NFL Network channel is active all the time.

0 Likes
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

Sorry, I did not follow your post.

I am subscribed to the Red Zone Channel.  Are you saying the notification alert is only for games that are being broadcast on TV and has nothing to do with alerting you when your team is currently on the Redzone Channel?  If not, please clarify.  Thanks.

0 Likes
UnnDunn
Contributor - Level 3

@MiMeQu wrote:

The widget must be active for you to receive alerts. Next week, while RedZone is broadcasting, make sure you launch the FiOS Football Widget and remain in the widget to receive alerts.

While in the widget, press the FiOS TV button (LIVE TV on some remotes) to toggle between full-screen and widget modes, and switch to your game by inputting the channel number for your game. While in widget mode, or while an alert is on screen, pressing C will take you to the NFL RedZone channel, however to get back to your game, you must input the appropriate channel number (the LAST button will not work--Verizon PLZFIX!!!)

You will not be able to use the Guide, Menu or Info screens without exiting the widget. If you exit the widget (either by pressing Exit or by attempting to access the Guide, Info or Menu screens) you will no longer receive alerts,

MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you for clearing this up for me. 

0 Likes