Re: Parental control - Time restriction
oldarmy
Enthusiast - Level 1

It does not appear that Verizon Fios TV offers a parental control to control when the TV can be on. Even if it would cost an additional fee, like with the capability to restrict texting on a verizon wireless cell phone. Why not? I'm very disappointed and will consider any available TV service that offers this capability.

0 Likes
jamieinla

I had FIOS TV installed four years ago, then removed a month later. FIOS TV does not have the time-restriction ability that Charter has had for years; I went back to Charter, although the picture is not as good. I MUST be able to prevent my kids from turning into couch potatoes; my wife and I tried modeling good habits, using incentives, punishment, etc. but in the end, only the parental controls work for us. Too bad for Verizion, too: they lost my TV business to Charter.

I keep checking in from time to time to see if Verizon improves, but not so far...

0 Likes
Kbald

When you will put this important feature? I hate passing $200 for new router but no time restriction on duration

0 Likes
Kbald

Wasted $200 without this feature

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over nine years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes