• Services  

Order Services

See All Plans & Bundles

Special Deals

Moving Made Easy

Current Customers

Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Find out which Verizon services are available at your address.

• My Verizon  

Email & Calls

Check Email

Verizon Visual 411

Bill & Payment

View Bill

Pay Bill

Pay Final Bill

Manage Auto Pay

Manage Paper Free Billing

My Services

Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Copper Contributor
LTrotter

TCM HD update?

Howdy! Just a question, if I may: Does anyone have any word on when Turner Classic Movies HD will be added to the Verizon FiOS lineup? The addition of TCM HD was accepted last year and added to the channel queue (as stated here: http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/Turner-Classic-Movies-HD/idi-p/236499). I was wondering if we could get some idea as to when we may get the channel or at least what progress has been made. Thanks!

Employee
Mike_VZ
0 Kudos

Re: TCM HD update?

Hello LTrotter,

I am sorry but we do not provide dates for deployments and roll outs as they are subject to change.  Once the process begins our development team will flag them as 'In Progress'.  There are many HD channels coming up soon per the Dev Team notices though as you can see.

Thank you

Mike_VZ
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms of Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

Silver Contributor I
film11
0 Kudos

I'd assume that TCM-HD would be added whenever the channel actually starts showing movies in HD (which, so far, they haven't).

Copper Contributor
LTrotter
0 Kudos

Ahh, I see. Well, if they're not broadcasting in HD, there's obviously no reason to add it to FiOS, then.There's also no reason for an HD version to exist. They should have gotten all that in order before they went live. *sigh* Sometimes I wonder about the people working there...

Contributor
hwass11
Device: PC, TV
Plan: Triple play
0 Kudos

I was getting TCM inHD on/Cablevision

Silver Contributor I
film11
0 Kudos

hwass11 wrote:

I was getting TCM inHD on/Cablevision

No, you were getting a channel called TCM-HD on Cablevision.  But you weren't seeing any movies in HD on that channel.  Not sure why some don't seem to be aware...TCM-HD is not showing ANY High-Def movie content.  It is an HD channel in name only.  Heck, check out the TCM website.  There isn't even a mention of TCM-HD.  There is a reason for that!

Contributor
bebopbarney1

Wrong.  TCM is broadcasting in HD which dramatically improves the quality of the films, expecially the old ones. 

Contributor
alski
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Ok so reading the last update here, TCM is broadcasting HD??. So why isn't Verizon on board?

Comcast is supplying it.

Silver Contributor II
Bobbo527
0 Kudos

LTrotter wrote:

Howdy! Just a question, if I may: Does anyone have any word on when Turner Classic Movies HD will be added to the Verizon FiOS lineup? The addition of TCM HD was accepted last year and added to the channel queue (as stated here: http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/Turner-Classic-Movies-HD/idi-p/236499). I was wondering if we could get some idea as to when we may get the channel or at least what progress has been made. Thanks!

Well at the rate Verizon is adding new HD channels, your Grandkids may be lucky  to see it in their lifetime.

Contributor
nycrobbie

Time Warner offers TCM HD.. Why not Verizon FIOS?  I am upset about that and considering switch back to TWC. 

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411