TNT Channel Mysteriously No Longer Available
FlyingCat1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am an existing FIOS customer, have been for a while. I recently got a new set top box and TNT (channel 51) is now coming up as being unavailable to me on this one TV.  It is still avaialble on all the other TV's.  According to the customer service rep I spoke with I now have to pay extra for TNT. What?  Why do I have to pay extra for a channel I'm getting without a problem on my other TV's?  The rep said it would cost me an additonal $100 to add TNT.  I think the rep was wrong and was confusing me with brand new customers signing up for the custom packages.  Has Verizon made some kind of change that has moved TNT off its current package to some higher tier?  (I don't recall any announcements.) 

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: TNT Channel Mysteriously No Longer Available
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Obviously a dumb support person.  If you had to pay extra then it wouldn't be available on any TV's  It should be in preferred/extreme/ultimate and in the entertaingment channel pack of Custom.

Possibly a problem with the cable connecting to that one device. Older cables have been known to lose certain channels that are in the higher frequency ranges.  Or it may be necessary to use the menu/customer support/top support tools/fix FIOS TV issues.

View solution in original post

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Obviously a dumb support person.  If you had to pay extra then it wouldn't be available on any TV's  It should be in preferred/extreme/ultimate and in the entertaingment channel pack of Custom.

Possibly a problem with the cable connecting to that one device. Older cables have been known to lose certain channels that are in the higher frequency ranges.  Or it may be necessary to use the menu/customer support/top support tools/fix FIOS TV issues.

FlyingCat1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks---I'll give that a try. Hope it is that easy to fix!

0 Likes