Too many commercials
Zitro1
I understand that fios is obligated to air sponsered commercials. Obviously, they are paying to do so. What i dont understand is why the on demand feature doesnt allow us to fast foward past commercials. Arent we paying a premium price for this service? The other day i stopped watching the sons of liberty because they would air 5 minutes of commercials for 5 minutes of content. Where is your obligation to me ? Before cable use to boast commercial free programming. That is a thing of the past. And your on demand you have made insufferable
0 Likes
Re: Too many commercials
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

NO you are not paying a premium for the on-demand feature.

And the ads there are inserted there by each individual channel provider.  Some just runs ads about their other programs, and others conventional ads.

Zitro1
That doesnt answer why the fast foward is not accessible. In dvr mode. You have no pertinent information
0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Content providers are the ones that disable FF. They insert commercials and want you to watch them.

Verizon has no control over that.

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just so you know, you're talking to peers here.  If you want answers from Verizon, you need to call or chat with them.

As other folks have told you, Video on Demand features are controlled by the content owner, not Verizon  Some VoD content allows FF and skip, and some doesn't.  In genreal, free VoD content will have more restrictions than VoD content from premium channels.

Any programs you record using DVR will not be subject to restrictions.  If you have DVR, you should use it to record shows you like and then you can FF or skip commercials as you want.  Of course, this only works for shows that are currently broadcast.  If they are only available on VoD, you can't DVR them.

Enjoy.