Ultimate HD - How to Get ALL Remaining Movie Channels?
crbascott

I just got Ultimate HD. I used to have an old Extreme HD package with the "HBO Cinemax Showtime Starz Ent Pk" add-on for $36. When the upgrade was installed I lost my movie channels, except for those included in Ultimate HD (Showtime, TMC, and EPIX).

Does anyone know how to get the remaining movie channels (HBO, Cinemax, Starz, Encore) added? The web only offers HBO, Cinemax, or an HBO/Cinemax combo. Starz and Encore aren't offered as an option and neither is the entertainment pack I had before. I've called into customer support and they were only able to offer packages similar to the web.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Ultimate HD - How to Get ALL Remaining Movie Channels?
tns
Master - Level 2

@crbascott wrote:

I just got Ultimate HD. I used to have an old Extreme HD package with the "HBO Cinemax Showtime Starz Ent Pk" add-on for $36. When the upgrade was installed I lost my movie channels, except for those included in Ultimate HD (Showtime, TMC, and EPIX).

Does anyone know how to get the remaining movie channels (HBO, Cinemax, Starz, Encore) added? The web only offers HBO, Cinemax, or an HBO/Cinemax combo. Starz and Encore aren't offered as an option and neither is the entertainment pack I had before. I've called into customer support and they were only able to offer packages similar to the web.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

The other packages are available.   You sure you don't see them as upgrade options when your on the login to my verizon on the  web?  You actually can also order them through the stb, although I don't know anyone who tried that. 

0 Likes
Re: Ultimate HD - How to Get ALL Remaining Movie Channels?
crbascott

The other packages are there when I don't login. But when I login to My Verizon, they go away. There was an ad for the fully loaded movie package. I clicked on it, but it said my current TV plan didn't qualify me for the package.

You're probably right about ordering through the STB. However, I've run across two negatives to this:

1) pricing is either higher or doesn't include special promotions (like 3 free months)

2) through the STB Starz is packaged with Showtime. Ultimate HD already comes with Showtime, so I'd be paying for something I already get.

I'll probably try calling customer support again and see if I can make better. I've seen comments regarding an Ultimate HD Movie Completer Package, maybe that will be an option.  

0 Likes