Verizon cut the feed during EPIX free preview!
godofpathos
Enthusiast - Level 3

Many providers including FIOS participated in a free preview for EPIX this weekend: http://www.freepreview.tv/epix/free-preview-of-epix-for-many-this-week.html

EPIX premiered Wolf of Wall Street on 9/14 at 10pm EST. The film is 3 hours long, so the airing ended at 9/15 at 1:05am EST.

Oher providers do not cut the feed during this preview weekends until 3-6am EST. Some viewers like me who use Tivos do not have access to On Demand features and rely on our DVRs for programming.

Verizon cut the free EPIX feed at 12:25am on 9/15, as the film was airing. As a result, my DVR was unable to record the entire film which I had been looking forward to recording/watching during this free preview weekend for quite some time. Quite infuriating. Smiley Mad

In future, FIOS should wait until sometime between 3am and 6am the next morning to cut the feed or at the very least allow for the conclusion of films that are airing during the free scheduled preview.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon cut the feed during EPIX free preview!
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Technically the freeview ended at midnight (it became Monday - not part of the weekend)  and VZ typically shuts it off about a half hour later.  Just for future reference.

Wasn't the movie available earlier in the weekend to record instead of waiting for the last possible airing?

Re: Verizon cut the feed during EPIX free preview!
godofpathos
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, the 10pm airing was both the EPIX and  cable television premiere of the movie. I understand that the preview technically ends at midnight, but other major providers have the courtesy to let the feed run between 3am and 6am the next day. I'm requesting Verizon to do the same--that was the whole point of my post.

0 Likes