Watching DVR recordings on other devices
readingstarr23
Enthusiast - Level 2

When will Verizon get whatever technology they need to allow its customers to be able to take their DVR recordings with then wherever they go and watch them on mobile devices??? As I understand it, DIRECTV, Xfinity, and DISH are the only ones currently offering this service. Is Verizon even making an effort to do this for us?!?!

0 Likes
Re: Watching DVR recordings on other devices
JP2307
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is becoming very dificult to stay with FiOS. When i gor FiOS 8 years ago, it was the Pinnacle of technology. Fiber Optics... Fast internet.. but now we are the laugh of all our friends that don't have FiOS. They can playback all recordings outside their homes.. he cannot do that and Verizon has not said anything about possibly adding this in any future..

Unbelievable.

Thank Verizon... You only worry when you start loosing a couple thousand customers.. SAD!!!

JP

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are rumors it may be available in the near future.

But no timetable.

readingstarr23
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for you helpful reply. But how exactly is it in the 'near future' if there's no timetable? That's kind of an oxymoron, isn't it... 🙂

0 Likes
jbren
Enthusiast - Level 3

I asked this the other day and was told it would probably only be available to Quantum customers

readingstarr23
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the info! That kinda sucks though... I don't want to have to upgrade just to get a service I feel I deserve since I'm already paying extra for the the dvr 'services'

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's like saying I want my old TV to act like a smart tv.

Want more features, you have to upgrade.

BTW, I think you will find that it is true for all providers.

I just saw an ad for Dish and they were promoting their view anywhere service.

In small print at the bootm, it says you have to have a sling enabled DVR which of course costs extra.

readingstarr23
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay. Thanks. I guess...

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

readingstarr23

FYI, you are talking with other customers here, not Verizon.  If you want a response from Verizon you'll need to call or chat with them.

Enjoy.

0 Likes
ansky201
Contributor - Level 1

All you need to do is buy a Slingbox.  They cost less than 100 bucks.  That will allow you to watch live TV or DVR recordings on any device you want.  There is no point in waiting around for Verizon to provide this functionality when there are already other options available.  I've been using a Slingbox for a long time and it works great.