Weather Channel
DuaneK1

What happened to the local weather on Channel 49? Repeating whats on 119 is a waste.

Hope this is just mixup and not permament. Garland, Texas area.

0 Likes
Re: Weather Channel
TheFitzs

I emailed them also to see if this was a mix up.  We are in Lewisville and frequent the channel quite often especially during bad weather.  I hate to see the weather channel turn into a MTV where all they play is shows and not what you are really looking for.  I hate not being able to see the local radar. We found out this weekend that all they were playing was what was on the HD channel when all that rain was coming in.  Hopefully they get it fixed soon

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Problem apparently fixed, back to displaying the local weather today.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
TheFitzs

I will check mine when I get home.  That would be soooo nice.  I got a response from Verizon telling me that it content is decided by the channel company and that I would need to contact them directly.  Thought that was kind of a weird response.  Thought that Verizon would be the ones to contact them to figure out what the problem was.

Im just glad I wasnt the only one with a complaint about it.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@TheFitzs wrote:

I will check mine when I get home.  That would be soooo nice.  I got a response from Verizon telling me that it content is decided by the channel company and that I would need to contact them directly.  Thought that was kind of a weird response.  Thought that Verizon would be the ones to contact them to figure out what the problem was.

Im just glad I wasnt the only one with a complaint about it.

Why would you think it is a weird response? Verizon simply receives the programming from every provider and distributes it. Now if the content should disappear completely for some reason, then I imagine Verizon would contact the provider to find out why, especially if they get calls about it. But if the provider changes what they are showing on a channel, why would Verizon contact them? That is the provider's business and right to change.

As I posted in another thread here about this loss of local weather on 49, in the six years I have had FiOS TV I have seen this specific change occur several times, and I really don't visit 49 that often so it may have happened lots of times. From what I have heard (just rumor, no facts) is that whenever the Weather Channel has some problem with their local broadcast, they just substitute the national channel until they get the problem fixed. I suspect, since this showed up on the weekend, nobody at the Weather Channel even know about the problem until they came to work Monday, and I guess it took until today to get it fixed.

Anyway, it is fixed, at least for now, just checked again.

Keller, TX 76248 

0 Likes
Hilltopsailor

Bring back weather channel - PERIOD

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes