Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Contributor
rebb
0 Kudos

seeking info on very basic TV package

A month ago when I inquired about lower priced  TV options a Verizon rep told me about a basic TV package that just includes networks, local PBS stations and some public acces, but when i called yesterday to switch the rep did not know anything about this and said the $50 package we have is the most basic. Friends using Comcast pay $12.99/mo for this very basic package.  I understand it may be required by law but not widely advertised. Anyone know about this and how I can get it with Verizon?

Gold Contributor III
Keyboards
Plan: Extreme HD DV /50/25
0 Kudos

Re: seeking info on very basic TV package

Yes there is a basic package that is supposed to be $12.99 that gives you your locals, PEGs (public, education and government channels, and I think WTBS).  If you don't have a newer TV with a QAM tuner, you will aslo need at the minimum a DCT-700 (also called digital adapter - won't give you any HD channels) for $3.99 per month.  I can only suggest that you try calling again and hopefully get a more knowledgeable CSR (unfortunately, Verizon's phone reps are notorious fo being poorly trained).

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Contributor
eastcoastmasc
0 Kudos

is that very basic available w/ a bundle plan?  i have tv (which i dont need all the HD, and hardly watch), Internet and phone.

but bill is still two high even though renewed for 2 yr price guarantee.

All Star
roaddogg
0 Kudos

eastcoastmasc wrote:

is that very basic available w/ a bundle plan?  i have tv (which i dont need all the HD, and hardly watch), Internet and phone.

but bill is still two high even though renewed for 2 yr price guarantee.

This thread is 4 years old.

The lowest tier with a bundled plan is the "select". You should be able to switch to it. Look in your account online under add/change services. If you can switch it will be listed there along with prices. Be sure to compare it with what you have because if you are under a contract, in most cases you'll only save $5-$10 a month by switching and you will get a lot less channels. 

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411