2 DVRs . 1 for tv and 1 for AV Receiver
lkmljp12

Hi, i am trying and trying different set ups to have my audio system and my tv linked.

I have 24 speakers arround my house all being controlled by an AV Receiver. All the Audio wires are coming out of the wall into it. I also have my TV with Verizon Fios. They all set up well and i can see no wires. (which is what i've asked for).

Now i've been trying to get my audio from the FiosBox to my Av Receiver. They are like 15 feet apart from eachother. However, i don't want any wires.

I've tried wireless audio transmitter and receiver but they cutoff, i've also tried blue tooth and quality is not that good and also it lags behind by like 1 or 2 secs.

I thought maybe i can order one more box, set it up with the AV Receiver (by the way i have 2 coaxial wires where my AV Receiver is at. 1 is hooked to my Verizon Internet Router and the other one is just there..)

So i was thinking. Have one Fiosreceiver connected to my AV Receiver giving out audio only, and have one connected to the tv. Since both FIos Receivers will be the same, they both have the same options and controllers.(if not, i can set my Touch Remote to control both with no problem)

So lets say i am in ch. 12 , i will have audio from ch 12 comming from the FiosReceiver hooked to the AV , and HDMI video coming from the second FIosReceiver to my TV.

Before Fios i had some  weird experiences this with a Direct TV satellite Service. Where i would walk from 1 room to the other and notice that theywere not on the same timeline. Where one would be like 30 sec ahead of the other. This would change when chainging channels or restarting the box. Meaning that the receiver where usually never on the same time..

I would think that FIos will be different since they are not satellite but cable.

I am affraid that the FiosReceiver connected to the Audio AV REceiver may be behind or ahead of the FiosReceiver connected to my tv.

WOuld this happen?? I Don't want to buy a new DVR and then have it working funny.

BTW. i can't not run wires from my tv to my AUDIO Receiver because they will all be at open eye. i  don't have plans for someone to make a holes and run wires just yet.. *(house is on malibu don't want to ruin the value of it.)

Thanks for your help. Sorry if it was too long.. xD

0 Likes
Re: 2 DVRs . 1 for tv and 1 for AV Receiver
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Part of the issue you describe is likely related to one box being a DVR and the other not.   DVR's automatically buffer the signal to hard disk and in the process there is a slight delay from the time it is decoded and processed before it's routed to the TV.  While this doesn't impact your viewing experience, if you have multiple TV's tuned to the same channel (some of which are DVR and some of which are not), you will get the "lag" effect you indicate.  You'll also experience this sometimes as some TV's can compensate for minor sync issues before the video and audio signal by adjusting the timing slightly (although this would be a few milliseconds of lag, not multiple seconds).

From what you describe, the correct solution would be a high quality wireless audio streamer.  I know you said you tried this previously, but from what you describe, it sounds like you had an older generation 900mhz system which is subject to a lot of interface.   A newer 2.4ghz or 5.8ghz (the latter preferred if you're using the wi-fi component of the internet in your house already) model would likely have much better results.  

Of course, doing this will always impact the quality of the audio signal.  So, at the end of the day, running a single coaxial (digital coax output from the FioS box) to the home theater unit will always be your best bet. 

Re: 2 DVRs . 1 for tv and 1 for AV Receiver
Hubrisnxs
Legend

also when you hear them out of sync, then hit the FIOS TV button, and that should make it jump ahead to the current time, if it doesn't then lasagna has an excellent reply for you as well.     welcome back sir, long time. 

0 Likes