24 only in DVS?
Calladona

Anyone else having this trouble?  Trying to watch the 24 premiere, but we're only getting it with the descriptive video service (for the blind) on.  Checked settings on our box and we definitely have it turned off.  What gives?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 24 only in DVS?
AmyWei
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are having the same problem.  Turning the service ON in the settings actually turned OFF the service

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Calladona

Also - turned off box and unplugged for a full minute - still doing it 😞

0 Likes
AmyWei
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are having the same problem.  Turning the service ON in the settings actually turned OFF the service

0 Likes
jperf

I have the same issue.  Turn on the DVS in the DVR menu and it returns to normal.  Bizarre that you have to enable it to kill the annoying voiceover - but it worked as a short term fix.

0 Likes
jlskmika

Wow!  Thanks.  Was killing me watching this with dvs.  I don't know that I ever would have thought to turn it on in order to turn it off.  Who would have thought?  The definition of counter intuitive. Thanks verizon!

0 Likes
I am furious!
dianeh_71

I have been waiting for MONTHS for the premier of 24.  My favorite show of ALL TIME and I have to listen to it being narrated?  I am beyond upset about this.  Comcast didn't have this issue.  The narration ruined the action as we were told what was happening before it happened.  I cannot tell you how unhappy I am that this happened tonight, of all nights. I can appreciate trying new programs for the visually impaired.  But why couldn't it be tested on an alternate channel?  Why couldn't we have been given the option to view it normally?  

0 Likes
Calladona

Now why didn't I think of that!

0 Likes
DVR 24
kirkingster

I DVR'd 24 and when I started watching tonight it came with a voiceover, I guess for the blind. I think this happened another time. I have not heard of a glitch. What happened. I deleted and I will have to watch it On Demand when it is available. Quite frustrating!!

0 Likes
Re: DVR 24
dkenny1

Took 1/2 way into the 2nd half to find  this forum topic

0 Likes
Contributor - Level 1

Sounds like you guys have Spanish audio preferred on your set tops (hint : meaning Fox sent DVS audio on the audio stream labeled as Spanish).

0 Likes