3rd attempt to get Caller ID on TV working
bobby_100
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello

I need some help on getting caller id to work. On 2 previous attempts, we were able t get it working, first time by "clearing out a lot of errors", 2nd time "refered to caller ID support" but no further details. I have already tried the "deactivate, then reboot STB, then reactivate" on one of my SD STBs, but still nothing. I also powered off my DI-624 for a 1/2 hr or so, but still nothing. Any further suggestions welcome.

Thank

Bobby_100

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 3rd attempt to get Caller ID on TV working
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3
Hello bobby_100,

I apologize for the difficulty that you are having with TV Caller ID. I would like to assist you with this. I sent you a private message.

Thanks,

Shamika_Vz Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3
Hello bobby_100,

I apologize for the difficulty that you are having with TV Caller ID. I would like to assist you with this. I sent you a private message.

Thanks,

Shamika_Vz Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
jcl65431
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello,

I reset my router the other day and my caller ID doesn't show up on the TV anymore even though the settings has it enabled.

Can someone send me a PM with info on how to fix this?

Thank you very much.

Jeff

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

try disabling the alerts, rebooting the stb, and then re-enabling the alerts.  If it worked at one time, then that should fix it.

rebooting the box is not simply hitting power, you either have to reboot it through the menu, or unplug the STB for 10 seconds, and then plug it back in. 

1. disable Menu>settings>caller id>alert display>disable
  2. reboot through menu>customer support>inhome agent>reboot set top box/stb
  3. enable   Menu>settings>caller id>alert display>enable 
If that doesn't work, then you may want to open a support chat session or call into the verizon tech support center.
0 Likes
jcl65431
Enthusiast - Level 3

^  Thanks.  I just gave it a shot.  It takes 24-48 hours to take effect so I'll let you know. 

Thanks again.

0 Likes
Nontech1

By reading posts on here, it led me to go to my tv remote and select settings.  I did that and found the setting for caller ID.  Followed the simple steps of checking availability and then checked enable and was good to go.  Don't know why I lost it but suspect may have been do to a power outage.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes