75/50 Internet is fine but no TV signal
inspiteofme

I have 2 Tivo machines and 2 x 2 channel multistream cards.
Verizon has replaced the cards several times.  They can ping, permission, depermission, run all of their tests and the multistream cards respond perfectly.

When I disconnect a Tivo box and connect the router to that coax terminal, internet is fine.

In the Tivo diagnostics, it clearly says on both machines that the TV signal strength and signal to noise ratio is zero. 
When they replace my Tivo machine with their own STB, the network tech can get the STB to respond to everything perectly, except there is no TV signal.

This is day 10 now, and today, they gave us a lovely 12hour service slot that ended 29mins ago and still won't bother to contact the repair person directly to see if they are coming.  I've probably spent 15 hours on the phone, another 10hrs with  technicians, my wife spent 12 hrs today waiting for a tech that didn't show up but they still confirm will appear before 8pm (it's 8:33pm).  About 90% of that time was spent permissioning, deactivating, reactivating the cards and restarting the Tivo machines. 

They just refuse to accept that their total inability to find a TV signal, with their equipment or mine is relevant.

I'd cancel service but the problem is the my other choice is TWC NYC and they are even worse.  We're captive to terrible service here.

Anyone have any suggestions as to:
1.  what is wrong?  it's clear i'm going to have to self-diagnose

2.  how i force these guys to treat us like humans?

0 Likes
Re: 75/50 Internet is fine but no TV signal
inspiteofme

8:44 called again.  Still insisting the tech will be here on time.  I'm not aware of time travel.

Had to insist 4 times that they call their tech on the cell phone to see if they are coming, and yell before they agreed.

To make a phone call.

0 Likes