Accessing On Demand/DVR/Widgets/Etc. Completely Cripples My LCD TV
Etan2

Hi Everyone,

I just switched to Verizon FiOS and I am relatively happy with it so far.  However, when I attempt to go to anything other than a regular channel (i.e. Guide, On Demand, DVR, Widgets, etc.) the channel changes and shows what I expect it to for a split second then the screen just goes black.  When this happens all of the sudden both my STB and my TV are completely unresponsive to my remote.  The TV will not even respond to the original TV remote or the buttons on the TV itself.  I have to physically unplug the TV.  Once I plug the TV back in and turn it on the STB is tuned to whatever channel it was on before I tried to go to the Guide or On Demand screens.  It usually takes several runs through this process each time I want to want to access one of these services.  The remainder of my services work fine but it is very frustrating to have to keep getting up and unplugging my TV every time I attempt to watch something on DVR or On Demand.  Also the fact that it appears to be affecting my TV (unresponsive to even the buttons on the TV when this happens) concerns me as well.  Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions?  Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Accessing On Demand/DVR/Widgets/Etc. Completely Cripples My LCD TV
PJL
Master - Level 3

Just a thought, but try setting your SD Overrride setting to "off" in the video settings of the STB.

View solution in original post

PJL
Master - Level 3

Just a thought, but try setting your SD Overrride setting to "off" in the video settings of the STB.

Etan2

Setting the SD Override Setting to "off" seems to have worked.  Thank you very much for your help.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

You're welcome.  (That's what kudos are for Smiley Happy..)

0 Likes