Activate the SAP channel
markperez
Contributor - Level 1
How do you activate the SAP channel? Does that have anything to do with the STB or is strictly the TV or audio system?
0 Likes
Re: Activate the SAP channel
Techman28
Master - Level 1
SAP has to do with the Television. What type do you have
0 Likes
markperez
Contributor - Level 1

I have an LG 20LS7D LCD and have the HDDVR connected to it with the hdmi. There is a SAP button on the TV remote but it didn't do anything. I thought the STB might do SAP like you can with CC.

Backgound. I was watching CNBC and in the bottom right corner they were showing a press conference on something and above it there was a message that said hit the SAP to hear the audio.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Mark,

I have a Sony LCD, I thought it had SAP, but when I press the button on the TV remote I get "Feature not available." I thought SAP was pretty standard on all TVs, but I guess not. 

The Motorola STBs do have an option, under Menu ==> Settings ==> Language ==> Audio Language, to set English or Spanish as the preferred language. It works on at least some of the channels (TNT right now, for example) but it doesn't seem to work on all, when I look at the program details in the Guide it shows SAP for some but not all.

Anyway, you can try that setting and see if it does what you want. Unfortunately it is a pain to set/reset, going through the Menu.

Justin
Verizon FiOS TV, Internet, and phone
IMG 1.6.0, Build 06.89
Keller, TX 

0 Likes
markperez
Contributor - Level 1
Thanks for the suggestion Justin. I tried that before but it didn't work for the example I gave.
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Mark,

Sorry it did not work. When I go to CNBC and hit the Info button, it does not show SAP being available for that channel. I don't know whether they turn it on and off by program, but at least right now I don't think it would work with any TV, and I scanned a few hours ahead and it still did not show SAP on that channel. When I go to the Starz and Showtime channels, some of them show the SAP symbol (and I hear Spanish when I have the preferred language set that way), others don't.

Maybe FiOS just doesn't carry the SAP for CNBC?

Justin
Verizon FiOS TV, Internet, and phone
IMG 1.6.0, Build 06.89
Keller, TX

0 Likes