Activating Remote DVR Access
Coyote521
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been trying for over a day now to get the remote dvr feature to work. I first tried to sign up, but I received a message that stated "bad gateway." I then talked to tech support, and I was told to go through various steps which led me to a screen to log into my account and enter a confirmation number. When I go there, I see no place to enter a confirmation number. I tried doing mobile access, and I get a message to go to my phone and enter a confirmation number. I was waiting for a text message to be sent to the phone where I was to enter a confirmation number, I realized that maybe it meant to download an app and enter that number there? I really don't know. The messages are cryptic and difficult to follow. Tech support has been no help at all. Is there anyone out there who can give me logical steps to follow to set this up? What good is a technology if it can't be used?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Activating Remote DVR Access
Coyote521
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was finally able to get this to work. I abandoned Verizon's instructions, reset the box and figured it out on my own. The web and mobile app is working great now. I don't know what the confirmation number given is all about. Never had to use it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Coyote521
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was finally able to get this to work. I abandoned Verizon's instructions, reset the box and figured it out on my own. The web and mobile app is working great now. I don't know what the confirmation number given is all about. Never had to use it.

0 Likes
Edge-Harley

I think I'm experiencing the same problem.  How did you go about resetting your set top box. Thanks

0 Likes
Coyote521
Enthusiast - Level 2

I used the In-Home Agent. Go to MyTV, Using Fios TV DVR, then select Remote DVR. You have to do this from the computer the tech installed the Home Agent on. It will go through telling you how to set things up. When done, it asked if this solved my problem. I believe I selected no and entered in a text bos that I could not access the DVR remotely. When I pressed Okay, so something to that nature, it actually rebooted the box. It was after that it worked. If you need more detailed instructions, let me know and I will get on the computer I actually did this on.

0 Likes