Amount of on demand movies that you can only buy and not rent.
bigtmonee
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why are so many on demand movies for which you only have the option buy and not rent? I beginning to find this very upsetting given the amount of money I pay for my monthly service.  I guess this just another ploy to squeeze more dollars from subscribers.  If this continues I guess I'll either have to get Netflixs or switch providers.

0 Likes
Re: Amount of on demand movies that you can only buy and not rent.
Hubrisnxs
Legend

It's the movie studio's last ditch effort to save a archaic business model.   Their answer to sagging DVD sales? "We won't let you rent movies--we're going to force you to buy them." The plan is to not allow movie rentals for at least a month or two after the DVD is released for sale, on the theory that people just can't wait, and will buy it. There may be a few movie fans that will go for that, but the rest of us will just wait.

I use a combo of netflix Hulu, Vudu and amazon prime, and only buy from on demand if it's cheaper, I can't wait or unavailable on the others, and that is rare, but it happens. 

0 Likes
Re: Amount of on demand movies that you can only buy and not rent.
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes