Annoying beep
Scarroll3
Enthusiast - Level 1
Disconnected the ONT battery, but the system still beeps every hour. Pushed the silence alarm button, still beeps. Driving us crazy.... Any solutions?
0 Likes
Re: Annoying beep
fasteddie777
Enthusiast - Level 1

I HAVE HAD SAME PROBLEM FOR TWO YEARS,BATTERY IS BAD,BUT IF YOU UNHOOK IT AND UNPLUG IT FOR ABOUT 3 MINUTES THEN HOOK BATTERY BACK UP THEN PLUG IT IN,IT WILL BE GOOD FOR MONTHS.I ALSO FOUND YOU CAN BUY THIS BATTERY ON EBAY FOR AROUND 27.00 FREE SHIPPING INSTEAD OF BUYING FROM FIOS  44.00

RDJim
Contributor - Level 1

I've been milking the old battery for months.  As mentioned by other commenter, just  plug the old battery back in and it will keep working without beeps for quite a while.  There's also an external batter jack on mine which I'm going to connect to a 12V adapter to see if that works.  I just need to solder the right connector to it.  But seeing my old battery is still keeping the system quiet, I have not got  around to it yet.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

@Scarroll wrote:
Disconnected the ONT battery, but the system still beeps every hour. Pushed the silence alarm button, still beeps. Driving us crazy.... Any solutions?

The only two solutions are to replaced the battery or get Verizon to install a new bbu that does not beep. If you have a Alcatel or Tellabs ONT they now have power adapters with no bbu that they can replace the old units with.

0 Likes