Arithmetic is not Verizon's thing
LAUser

Recommendation: Avoid Verizon if possible

I ordered internet with Verizon back in October, the delivery was missing a modem though so I called to get that taken care of. The original order came on October 31st, the modem came on November 10th and there still was no phone or internet service so I called Verizon again who sent a technician out on November 20th. So net, 21 days without service. The technician comes, and fixes the probelm. Now there's phone and internet but Verizon kept charging me from October 31st.  (The technician by the way was a really nice guy and really thorough, there was a problem with some box down the street so he went and fixed that and then came back to make sure it was working in my unit and waited to make sure everything was set up properly. Really helpful)

I got the first bill, called to ask them about it and they said I would see the adjustment in my next bill. I got my next bill and no adjustment. 

So I called verizon again, after being placed on hold for 30 minutes Hazel from Tampa, Florida feels it appropriate to yell at me about how I should only get a $14 credit. I didn't have service for 21 or 31 days and Hazel not only believes that adds up to $14 but also thinks it's appropriate to yell at me for not knowing how to do math. 

After repeatedly asking her to call her supervisor. He then gets made at me when I told him that I didn't appreciate being yelled at. How any of this makes sense is beyond me. Anyways, by this point I'm speaking with Mark (also from Tampa, Florida) who thinks it makes sense to credit me $20. Seriously people. Service is out for 2/3 of a billing cycle and you aren't even crediting 50% of the bill. 

At this point, almost an hour on the phone, got yelled at by people who can't do math telling me how to multiply numbers and still don't have the credit I need. 

If only AT&T serviced my neighborhood, life would be so much better. My brother has them and hasn't had a single issue yet. I've had 3 and it hasn't even been 2 months. 

**Almost forgot. The first time I called the lady hung up on me, and when Mark got on the phone he asked me how I was. I said not doing to well and he goes "excellent, excellent." Thanks buddy

0 Likes
Re: Arithmetic is not Verizon's thing
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi LAUser,

Sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes