Arris VMS1100 IR Sensor Location
billjwolff

Swithced 4 DVRs to new Qunatum FIOS. I now have 2 bigger DVRs and 2 clients. Picture quality and speed are better.

My pet peeve is the IR sensor location. All home theater equipment should have the IR sensor clearly marked since many of us put the equipment in closets or out of site. I use Xantech for my IR blaster and it works well with most equipment. I cannot find a good location for the blaster on the VMS1100. Has anyone got this working?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Arris VMS1100 IR Sensor Location
Justin46
Legend

@billjwolff wrote:

Swithced 4 DVRs to new Qunatum FIOS. I now have 2 bigger DVRs and 2 clients. Picture quality and speed are better.

My pet peeve is the IR sensor location. All home theater equipment should have the IR sensor clearly marked since many of us put the equipment in closets or out of site. I use Xantech for my IR blaster and it works well with most equipment. I cannot find a good location for the blaster on the VMS1100. Has anyone got this working?

The sensor is on the right side of the display, about 1 inch to the right of the right-most digit. If you get a flashlight and shine on the front panel at an angle it is easy to see. It seems to be pretty sensitive, just covering it with my finger did not block it from working, but using a pad of paper did block it. So it seems to me that placement should not be a really big issue, but then I don't use an IR blaster.

Hope this helps.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Intersting enough, it isn't noted in the instruction manual either.

Have you tried just moving it around?

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@billjwolff wrote:

The sensor is on the right side of the display, about 1 inch to the right of the right-most digit. If you get a flashlight and shine on the front panel at an angle it is easy to see. It seems to be pretty sensitive, just covering it with my finger did not block it from working, but using a pad of paper did block it. So it seems to me that placement should not be a really big issue, but then I don't use an IR blaster.

Hope this helps.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
billjwolff

I also tried the flashlight trick and saw a small circle to the right of the time/channel display characters. I placed the IR blaster over that and it is working reliably.

Sure hope someone at Verizon adds this to the documentation. 

0 Likes
baverick

This is completely accurate and was a huge help. Thanks for the post.

0 Likes