Awaiting FiOS in North Hollywood
HyJax

So I am from Utah and there we have TRUE fiber service all over (50 Mbps - $80, no special discounts applied), yet when I came to California (where everyhting is supposedly on the cutting edge), the only service I was able to get above 6Mbps was the all known UNRELIABLE 'working theory' otherwise known as cable data transmission/aquaisition.  Now I have equipment ruined from exessive feedback due to being on the very end of that line.

How much longer must I wait here in North Hollywood to get TRUE fiber service?

Will I have moved back to Utah to go use Laura Ingalls internet connection bcuse its actually REAL?

*** Im simply tired of paying WAY to much for the DSL 6Mbps and wondering why California is SO behind the times concerning this medium?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Awaiting FiOS in North Hollywood
PJL
Master - Level 3

@HyJax wrote:

So I am from Utah and there we have TRUE fiber service all over (50 Mbps - $80, no special discounts applied), yet when I came to California (where everyhting is supposedly on the cutting edge), the only service I was able to get above 6Mbps was the all known UNRELIABLE 'working theory' otherwise known as cable data transmission/aquaisition.  Now I have equipment ruined from exessive feedback due to being on the very end of that line.

How much longer must I wait here in North Hollywood to get TRUE fiber service?

Will I have moved back to Utah to go use Laura Ingalls internet connection bcuse its actually REAL?

*** Im simply tired of paying WAY to much for the DSL 6Mbps and wondering why California is SO behind the times concerning this medium?

I thought North Hollywood was AT&T territory, in which case FiOS won't be available -- U-verse might be.

0 Likes