Black screen after a few seconds on some channels
the_other_alan

For some channels, when I tune to the channel, everything is fine for about 5 seconds, then the screen goes black. There is still audio. I've seen this happen with Syfy, Spike and FX, both in HD and SD. Screen comes back when I switch to another channel. I got Verizon FIOS about a month ago. Other HD channels have no problem. TV (Samung UN55ES7150FXZA) about 6 months old. This did not happen with previous provider (CableVision - Optimum Online). Using HDMI connection. Any ideas? Need more info? please let me know. thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Black screen after a few seconds on some channels
MKim1

Having the same problem here. Started about a month or so ago, change the channel and after a few seconds, it goes blank. Very annoying. Have attempted to rest the box and nothing. still an issue. Come on Verizon, get your act straight. where's the fix to this issue.

0 Likes
Re: Black screen after a few seconds on some channels
Slam1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Have been having this problem for a couple of weeks on numerous channels. Switch to another channel, screen goes to black. Check to make sure it is not a video source issue. No. Check another channel: it is black too but there is the channel DVR titling on the screen. So the TV is not dead -- the DVR must be not working. I would like a new DVR or please, Verizon, respond to your customers before they switch back to the other vendors!

0 Likes