Boot times/issues for Motorola vs. Cisco DVRs
GreenHome

We have a solar powered home, and I'd like to keep our DVR off during the night when we're not recording anything to save power.    Is there any difference in the boot time or issues around repeated booting between the Cisco Chs435hdc, and Motorola 7232 DVRs?

I noticed that the Motorola consumes less power (22W vs. 27W) so would like to switch from the Cisco to the Motorola all else being equal.   How can I switch my DVR to the Motorola 7232?      (we just started our service)

Thanks for any help!

0 Likes
Re: Boot times/issues for Motorola vs. Cisco DVRs
Lee_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

Unfortunately we don't have any stats on the boot times between the respective units. While I understand your want/need to power the boxes down at night they are actually designed to stay on ( in a lower power state when off) so they can accept guide data and software updates. Since they are designed to stay on we can't really speak to the effect repeated booting would have on the units over time. To address your swap question we will need some further information.  Please look for a private message in your forum inbox.

Lee_VZ

0 Likes