Cable out: Can't reach tech spport on phone or live chat, in-home agent not working.
keptquiet

A channel froze up on me tonight, and I was given a prompt to restart my STB to fix the problem. Unfortunately, it won't boot back up, it's just stuck on a screen that says "Starting up... One moment please."

I've rebooted my router and checked all connections on my STB. I tried unplugging and plugging it back in. Nothing is working.

I've tried accessing live chat for tech support for the last hour, to no avail. My in-home agent is "temporarily unavailable."

I've tried calling tech support about 30 times now. Either nothing picks up on the other end, my call gets dropped.. or, if I do manage to get the automated prompt, I give my information, only to be told that my records can't be found.

I have no idea what's going on, but I can't get hold of anyone at all.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cable out: Can't reach tech spport on phone or live chat, in-home agent not working.
ptut1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem.  After more than forty-five minutes on the phone, I got a support rep who said it was an outage affecting MA and RI.  He said to sit tight; they're working on it.  Not helpful, but at least we know it's not just us.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Cable out: Can't reach tech spport on phone or live chat, in-home agent not working.
ptut1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem.  After more than forty-five minutes on the phone, I got a support rep who said it was an outage affecting MA and RI.  He said to sit tight; they're working on it.  Not helpful, but at least we know it's not just us.

0 Likes
shawnmov

There seems to be a major outage.  I have this too.  If you check out the Fios Facebook page, it's a bloodbath against Verizon customer service right now.

0 Likes
toastermom

I am having the same trouble.  I was watching a show on a local channel, and when I switched to other channels, all I had was a black screen. 

I tried calling the number on my screen, but was told to call again later.

I live in MA, and am not sure if this is just around here, or is all over.

0 Likes
cableguy4

I'm having the same problem. Starting up... One moment please." message for past hour or so

0 Likes
shawnmov

Anybody from Verizon Customer Service out there?  Anybody?  Bueller?  Man Mad

0 Likes
Jamin2

WOW.  so much for watching the SOX game tonight.   I am in Woburn MA and I have the exact same issues....

0 Likes
Re: Cable out: Can't reach tech support on phone or live chat, in-home agent not working.
And508

Same issues here -- These services are too expensive for such a lack of support.

0 Likes