Caller ID on TV
NNard
Contributor - Level 1

Hi-

I was able to activate caller ID on my two HD STB's but am unable to activate it on my HD Home media DVR - I keep receiving the error message that caller ID is available to customers with FIOS digital voice service which I currently have.  I tried resetting the router as well as rebooting the DVR (Mototola 7216).  Any idea on how to correct?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Caller ID on TV
Hubrisnxs
Legend

This is a pretty common fix, so try this first.   IF it does not work then you may need help from VZ directly and you can reach them here.

to try to reform the connection that lets caller id on tv happen do the following, don't skip any steps.

FYI Caller ID TV will stop working from time to time, and when the Caller ID on TV stops working, follow the instructions below.

Step 1 Disable Caller ID Alerts.   (Menu > Settings > Caller ID > Alerts = Disable)
Step 2 Reboot the Set Top Box     (Menu > Customer Support > In Home Agent > Reboot Set Top Box)
Step 3 Enable Caller ID Alerts      (Menu > Settings > Caller ID > Alerts = Enable)

Allow 2-4 hours for Caller ID to return to a normal working state, often times it will be immediate.
0 Likes
Re: Caller ID on TV
NNard
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you for your reply.  I should follow these steps on the activated boxes too?

0 Likes