Can I block Block HDMI Audio?
gbdusty

I would like to block the HDMI audio from my STB to my monitor. I cannot change the volume level unless I change it on my monitor itself. However, if I use the component audio jacks I can change volume through the set top box. I would like to use HDMI for video. Is this a possibility?

0 Likes
Re: Can I block Block HDMI Audio?
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3
Hello gbdusty,

Thank you for your posting. What configuration set up do have currently such as a receiver?

To get to the set top box volume go to Menu>Settings>Audio>Set Top Box Volume/Volume Control. This changes the control of your volume whether it is through the Set Top Box or if you control the volume through your television. The HDMI cables uses both audio and video formatting when transmitting there is no way to separate the transmission. However, the transmissions can be separated with component cables.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
Re: Can I block Block HDMI Audio?
gbdusty

I have my volume setup to change the STB volume, but changing the volume does not affect the volume on my monitor at all, unless I turn it down to 0 then it goes silent. I guess this could just be an issue with my monitors volume control.

0 Likes