Can I hide channels from guide?
roccol5
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello all.  There are a number of channels that I never watch and don't even want to see in the guide.  How can I do this (as I used to with DirecTV)?  I already know about the favorites function but don't want to use it.  I simply want to globally remove channels from the list without having to select favorites or press extra buttons.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Can I hide channels from guide?
Justin46
Legend

@roccol5 wrote:

Hello all.  There are a number of channels that I never watch and don't even want to see in the guide.  How can I do this (as I used to with DirecTV)?  I already know about the favorites function but don't want to use it.  I simply want to globally remove channels from the list without having to select favorites or press extra buttons.  Thanks.

No.Period. No way.

Favorites is the Verizon method for doing what you want, whether that is what you want to use or not. Now there is an option to display Subscribed channels only, but of course that is still probably going to include many channels you don't have any interest in (at least that is what I have experienced, I find Subscribed to be totally useless).

If you set up your Favorites correctly (at least correctly in my view Smiley Happy ), once you select a Favorites list once you won't need to do anything to continue to use that list "forever" (nothing is really forever, but set to use Favorites 1 for example, and it will stay that way for days, weeks, months, unless you do something to change, or Verizon resets your box for example).

And setting up a Favorites list can be as simple or difficult as you choose to make it - all at once by manually adding each desired channel or by adding all channels and deleting those you don't want, or starting with your Subscribed channels and deleting, or gradually over time adding and deleting though Options, etc. It is up to you how you do it.

And there are plenty of posts here on the Forums that document the settings needed to use the Favorites function effectively.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Setting up the favorites would be your best option. If you don't want to do that you can set the guide to show only HD channels or only subscribed channels.

0 Likes
catscanman1018

I just joined Verizon from being an AT&T uVerse customer since it's inception. I strongly feel that they have a leg up on Verzizon as you can easily hide unwanted channels from the guide. I shouldn't have to "hit" the guide button and then the "favorites" button.

Has anyone found a way around this?

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@catscanman1018 wrote:

I just joined Verizon from being an AT&T uVerse customer since it's inception. I strongly feel that they have a leg up on Verzizon as you can easily hide unwanted channels from the guide. I shouldn't have to "hit" the guide button and then the "favorites" button.

Has anyone found a way around this?

Of course. This has been asked and answered probably 100's of times here. But the net is:

Menu ==> Settings ==> System ==> Favorite Channels

then

Favorites Button ==> Toggle Flip by Favorites

and

Flip by Favorites ==> whichever Favorites list you want displayed

And last

Menu ==> Settings ==> System ==> Television ==> Last Viewed Guide State ==> Enable

Once you do the above, the Guide will remain at whatever setting you set until you hit the Favorites button on the remote (the heart button) while the Guide is displayed. And repeatedly hitting the Favorites button will cycle through the lists you have: Favorites 1 (if present), Favorites 2 (if present), and All Channels. Also note that the setting for which list is used is separate for the Guide and when channel surfing (channel up/down while watching channels), so you can be cycling through All Channels when surfing for example, while when you bring the Guide up it may show the content from the Favorites 1 list. So you need to watch which list is being used, it is displayed for each process.

However, there are lots and lots of other settings that my affect how much you enjoy FiOS TV. I encourage you to go completely through the Settings and experiment with some of the changes to see how they affect what you see. And of course if you have questions, you can ask here, but I suggest you do a Search here first, because your question has probably already been answered, and you are likely to get the answer much more quickly that way.

Good luck, I hope you enjoy FiOS TV, I do, I have had it for almost 10 years now.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes