Can I hook up Blu-Ray Player to QIP 7216 for internet connectivity?
rotatorsrus

Hi. Completely new to the world of FiOS and HDTV and such.  My BluRay player has ethernet jack in back. My QIP 7216 also has an ethernet jack in back. Can I connect and get internet connectivity for the blu-ray via the STB? Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Can I hook up Blu-Ray Player to QIP 7216 for internet connectivity?
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

No.  The ethernet, E-SATA, and USB ports are not active on any of the current Verizon STBs (although the USB has power that could be used to re-charge a device).

You would either need a direct ethernet cable from your router, a wireless adapter / access point, or a MoCA bridge device (NIM-100 from E-BAY, an Actiontec product avaialable on Amazon, or an additional Actiontec or Westell router that is configured to be bridged).  The NIM-100 has been discontinued by Motorola and there have been reports of dead ones in some recent purchases from E-Bay.  There are instructions at dslreports.com on various bridging / router setups for FiOS..

BTW - this question has been answered many times and a search should have provided you with an answer.  Remember, search first ask later Smiley Tongue

0 Likes