Can I watch FIOS DVR recorded programs on my PC? If yes then how?
MxM111
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can I watch FIOS DVR recorded programs on my PC? If yes then how?

Re: Can I watch FIOS DVR recorded programs on my PC? If yes then how?
PJL
Master - Level 3

No.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I have been reading that it is a future enhancement with 1.9 software upgrade, but that won't happen for a few months.  so currently the answer is no, but probably coming in a few months.

here is the EngadgetHD Article: 

I might have been overly optimistic with that timeline, I am not really sure if that is part of the 1.9 upgrade    if it is, then it may be a few months, but if it's a future enhancement after that, then who knows when we will get it.  currently still.... no. 

0 Likes
jbtv

ok, what is this infamous version upgrade?  will this finally enable the network access port and usb port?  why if they made me install home media manger cant i watch my dvr programs?  is this just another vehicle for them to get to your PC?

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@jbtv wrote:

ok, what is this infamous version upgrade?  will this finally enable the network access port and usb port?  why if they made me install home media manger cant i watch my dvr programs?  is this just another vehicle for them to get to your PC?

No - the network port and USB port will not be active.

The only new port activated is the eSATA on the 7xxx DVRs for storage expansion.

Media manager is designed to allow viewing stuff from your PC on your TV.  MPAA and their paranoia prevents it from being implemented in the reverse.

0 Likes
Can I watch free on Demand TV shows on my PC and if so how?
adkiser

I down loaded and installed media manager, but I do not know how I can eother watch DVR shows or free on demand TV like CSI: Miami on my laptop. Can i or am I barking up the wrong tree?

AK_

0 Likes
KMAN22

I may be cynical, but I don't think Verizon wants to make this available, they would rather you buy another STB. Me on the other hand thinks it would be a great idea. One of the satellites offer it, thinking of maybe moving?

0 Likes
JoeWPgh
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'd be happy if I could watch recorded tv on my tv, this verizon box is THE WORST. I've had 11 crashes just this weekend. This after they unbundled me and left 3/4 of my bill unaccessable and unpayable. And of course they cut me off. I'm at the end of my rope with this crap.

0 Likes
Pup2013

I found out from the reading the blogs that you cannot access Fios DVR from your home network ... i think this is insane if you are on same network and the dvr has a wifi capability.  I used to be able to do this when I have Direct TV

Is Verizon looking at this feature at all? you can pretty much connect any device wirelessly, I am surprised that verizon fios dont have this feature ..very sad 😞

0 Likes