Can no longer delete scheduled or recorded programs using PC browser FIOS TV app
meknjinear
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been using the PC browser application to control recordings and scheduling on my FIOS DVR for over a year now.  As of this weekend, the DELETE and CANCEL functions on the Recorded and Scheduled Programs pages no longer function at all (if I click on the red button, all I get is a Javascript call at the bottom of the page).  The ability to enter a new program into the Schedule list works just fine however.  The only way that I can remove programs now is to manually delete from the DVR itself (which is godawful cumbersome compared to the online program).

I have rebooted the DVR and tried the online application on multiple different browsers (IE6, Firefox, and Chrome), multiple computers, and multiple operating systems (W2K, WinXP, WinXP64).  In all cases, nothing can be deleted from within the browser app, but everything else in the application appears to work correctly, including the TV program list and the ability to search by program name.  And the DVR plays back from recordings, both directly and to STB's in my home.

Is this a clue?  Sunday morning when I tried to call-up the app, I received the usual every other week bulltwaddle- "logged-out" (asinine 2-week time restriction!).  When I entered my password to log-in, I then received some bogus warning that I was not configured as a user in LDAP (have never seen this weird message before), and it kept blocking me from getting to another login prompt.  However, by clicking on an existing bookmark that bypasses all the Verizon On Demand advertising to go directly to the DVR controls, the browser went right to the proper page- Recordings.  Obviously, my login worked, contrary to the LDAP message.  But that is when the Delete and Cancel no-worky issue started.

Anyone have any idea what is going on?  I checked my DVR and it's still on Version 1.8 (northern Delaware region).

BTW, tried the Assistant Program (useless for this issue), so I emailed Verizon's customer service and over 24 hours later, still no response.

0 Likes
Re: Can no longer delete scheduled or recorded programs using PC browser FIOS TV app
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

First order of business is to try a different browser.   The Vz stuff is notorious for suffering from browser quirks from one patch to the next by the browser providers.   I'm on a Mac running Firefox and Safari and both work for me.

0 Likes
Re: Can no longer delete scheduled or recorded programs using PC browser FIOS TV app
meknjinear
Enthusiast - Level 2

Perhaps you didn't fully read my posting.  "I have tried multiple different browsers (IE6, Firefox, and Chrome)."

And BTW, this morning, trying to use the application, it comes back with "Settop box not responding", then later, "Bad Gateway".  What a FINE product Verizon has.  My router and DVR are working just fine, This "WONDERFUL" APP is just DOA.

0 Likes
meknjinear
Enthusiast - Level 2

Resolved without any changes at my end.

The functionality of the PC browser application has now been restored, a full 3 days after it was crippled.  My primary browser (Firefox 5) still is running the same version and plugins as before the outage.  What are the odds that some code monkey working for Verizon changed something he/she shouldn't have and then had to fix the FUBAR?

I had no power outages, and all other application functionality via browser was unaffected, other than the ability to Delete or Cancel programs.

0 Likes