GenericName1
I can't delete stuff from the DVR.
0 Likes
Re: Can't delete from DVR
starrin
Contributor - Level 3

@GenericName wrote:
I can't delete stuff from the DVR.

FIrst, recognize this is a VZ sponsored, not an official VZ forum, manned by VZ troubleshooters.  We are just other FiOS users like you are.

That being said, we need to know more to help you;

What Model DVR (set-top box)? 

Brief description of your set up, i.e. how many TVs? boxes?

What stuff?

What are you doing that isn't working?

0 Likes
GenericName1
I thought my question was fairly straight forward. Perhaps I'm using the initialism DVR too strictly: by "stuff", I mean recorded content. (Can I delete other stuff from the DVR?).

Actually, never mind. If I'm pulling this stupid box away from the wall, it's going to be to give it back to VZ (or some lame-o that isn't VZ, but does all their dirty work for them). All told, if I pay for a service I expect it to work or, when it doesn't, I expect the company to address the problem. I'm tired of being tricked into spending hours doing VZ's maintenance for them. This forum appears to be just another way for VZ to shirk on their responsibilities to its customers.
0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

The reason the questions were asked is that gives people a reference to go by.

Different models of DVR have different versions of software.

What do you mean you can't delete? Be more explicit.

Do you try and delete and you get an error message? Or everything appears to act normal but it still shows on the list?

Have you tried rebooting the box?

And Verizon has direct ways to contact tech support (phone, twitter, chat). They set this up as a way for users to help other users in addition to normal support.

0 Likes