Can't find links on FiosTVCentral website for signing up for new 500gb DVR
srs148

i'm trying to sign up for the wait list for the 500gb advanced DVR.  the DVR i have is full and OLD & slow.  I cannot locate the My TV, settings, settop box, 'get more from your DVR' on the FIOS Central site.  ive spoken twice on the phone with many reps being passed around and no one knows where to send me or what to do. they've even tried remoting into my PC and were stymied by the fact that the link simply doesn't appear for me so i'm outta luck.  

any help would be appreciated. 

-Steve

0 Likes
Re: Can't find links on FiosTVCentral website for signing up for new 500gb DVR
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello,

You can go to www.verizon.com/fiostvcentral 

1. Sign In
  2. Select the “FiOS TV” Tab
  3. Select “Settings”  sub-listing
  4. Select “Set Top Boxes” from the drop down list
  5. Select the “Go” button under “Want more from your FiOS DVR.”

Let me know if this works.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

puzzld

So now Verizon is charging $39.99 for this?? I don't understand, maybe you can provide insight. By more score, I currently have almost every HD programming package available. My montly bill to verizon (home triple play and 3 cellular devices) is a major jawdropper. I have 10 friends who have 500gb boxes in their houses and all they did was sign up during a move or called a couple months ago and requested an upgrade. Viola.  Finally, my current box does not allow eSata storage expansion. So what do you suggest your customers should do? Stuck with 3 episodes of Dora the Explorer until something needs to be erased Or pay $39.99 is not necessarily an easy choice.. 

Thanks.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

a lot of people complained about it and verizon held firm on that 39.99 fee.  It's in the share your ideas section.   I'll let you know for me, 39.99 is a little insulting, but it's cheaper than the cost of a hard drive in the store, and the difference in recording storage is night and day.  for me it was worth it, but it might not be for you.      just gotta weigh your options.   

0 Likes