Can't get Fox Soccer HD channel. Got the notification but screen is black!
usuario74
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello.

I need some help. I live in NY. Finally got the message:

"A lineup change has occurred" Added: 584 FSCHD.

I go to that channel 584 but the screen is black!!!

I am using a TIVO with a cablecard. Anybody knows if I have to retune everything?

I pay for the sports package and extra HD.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Can't get Fox Soccer HD channel. Got the notification but screen is black!
Travis_VZ
Contributor - Level 2

usuario74 ,

We've sent you a PM asking you to fill out our secure form so we can look at your account info. Once you've filled it out you can reply to this thread. Thanks! - Travis

0 Likes
usuario74
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have filled that already. I did that when I got the PM.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Use the online sports blackout lookup tool to determine if there are sports blackouts currently scheduled for your region. 

587 was blacked out earlier, so maybe you're hitting a black out too.  The site will also tell you where you can find the station if it is blacked out. 

0 Likes
usuario74
Enthusiast - Level 3

No blackouts in 10036.

I have ExtremeHD and sports package. Should be getting it.

Do I have to retune the cablecard on the TIVO??

0 Likes
usuario74
Enthusiast - Level 3

I went to the proccess of retuning the channles in my TIVO and still getting a black screen on channel 584 (Fox Soccer HD).

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

tune to that station, and then use the TIVO diagnostics menu to see what the signal to noise ratio is on that channel.  

If it's below 32 dB SNR then the problem is in house with the cable (depending on the severity of the problem, it can in fact only affect one station, multiple or all)    If it turns out it's below 32dB then reseat the coax cable at both ends (wall splitter and TIVO) and try to get that number above 32.    

If it's between 32 and 36 then reach out to Verizon to make sure it's on your package and that they are sendng it to you properly.   

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Also - maybe it's not officially ready yet?  

As recently promised, Fox Soccer HD is officially launching on FiOS TV!

As many of you already know, Fox Soccer broadcasts more than 400 live events every year, including the UEFA Champions League, Barclays Premier League and Italy’s Serie A, as well as nightly soccer news.  Fox Soccer HD can be found on FiOS TV Channel 584 (the SD channel is on 84).  It’s available to all FiOS TV customers who subscribe to the Extreme HD or Ultimate HD packages.

FiOS TV customers in Florida, New Jersey and the Philadelphia area will see the new HD channel today.  It will be rolling out over the next few days to our FiOS TV customers in Harrisburg, Buffalo, Syracuse, Albany, Texas, California, Pittsburgh, Maryland, Virginia and D.C., and will be in all remaining markets by month’s end.

So check out Fox Soccer HD once it hits your market.  And we’ll make sure to keep you posted on any other channel additions coming your way.

I don't know why they would have sent you a notice if it wasn't ready, but I think that might be a possiblity, as that blog thingy was from the 11th of this month. 

0 Likes
usuario74
Enthusiast - Level 3

I doubt that. This is a brand new building (one year) with preinstalled cable.

And no other channel is affected.

@Hubrisnxs wrote:

tune to that station, and then use the TIVO diagnostics menu to see what the signal to noise ratio is on that channel.  

If it's below 32 dB SNR then the problem is in house with the cable (depending on the severity of the problem, it can in fact only affect one station, multiple or all)    If it turns out it's below 32dB then reseat the coax cable at both ends (wall splitter and TIVO) and try to get that number above 32.    

If it's between 32 and 36 then reach out to Verizon to make sure it's on your package and that they are sendng it to you properly.   

0 Likes
usuario74
Enthusiast - Level 3

I guess that is the answer. I will wait. Thanks.

TIVO gave me the notification of the new channel added. And I can see it on the programs guide.

Maybe TIVO doesn't consider the area it is for the notification.

0 Likes