Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Contributor
dmk90716
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Can't see the time on my set top box

I don't know why, but the time doesn't show on my set top box, even though it's set to show clock. This happens 2 of the televisions where I will walk into the room and it is showing the channel instead of the time. I continually look on the menu and it still says "show clock," nothing ever changes and sometimes I end up unplugging the box and plugging it back up.

I've only had Fios for just about a month. Is this normal?

MVP
Justin
0 Kudos

Re: Can't see the time on my set top box

No it is not normal, but it happens pretty frequently to me. At least for me, it is not necessary to unplug the STB (I have a 6414 DVR and a couple of 2500 STBs and this works on all of them), just go into the menu to where the clock setting is, change it to Show Channel Number so it matches what you are actually seeing, then change it to Show Clock. Get out of the Menu and wait for up to one minute, and the clock should be displayed.

I see this problem anywhere from one day to the next to a month between occurances. But I could probably do the "fix" in my sleep now, it only takes 15-20 seconds to do.

Hope this helps.

Keller, TX 76248

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411