Cannot Access Remote DVR
mwinnick

I have been trying to access my DVR via the web for the past few months and keep getting a message of 'DVR not responding' or 'Bad Gateway'. Each day a call I am told to unplug the DVR, disconnect the Cable, reboot the router, reboot my PC, reboot IE or Firefox. None of these things help. Today I was told they transferred the problem to a higher up tech who will call me back, maybe in 24 hours.

I am frustrated beyond belief with the lack of ability to resolve this probem. In addition when I get the page that displays my STBs it shows STB's that just don't exist.

Everything in the house works, I have no problems except when I try to use the web to see my DVR.

Anyone else dealt with this?

0 Likes
Re: Cannot Access Remote DVR
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon support is in receipt of this issue. We will send you a PM to gather additional information.

Thanks,

Tonya D.

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
Re: Cannot Access Remote DVR
UnnDunn
Contributor - Level 3

@mwinnick wrote:

I have been trying to access my DVR via the web for the past few months and keep getting a message of 'DVR not responding' or 'Bad Gateway'. Each day a call I am told to unplug the DVR, disconnect the Cable, reboot the router, reboot my PC, reboot IE or Firefox. None of these things help. Today I was told they transferred the problem to a higher up tech who will call me back, maybe in 24 hours.

I am frustrated beyond belief with the lack of ability to resolve this probem. In addition when I get the page that displays my STBs it shows STB's that just don't exist.

Everything in the house works, I have no problems except when I try to use the web to see my DVR.

Anyone else dealt with this?

The "Bad Gateway" message indicates that the port mappings on the router for that feature are disabled. This is a quick fix for Verizon to make, but in my experience, you have to use the phrase "port mapping" to get results.

So the next time you contact Verizon, ask them specifically to "reset the port mapping on your router so that remote DVR will work." They'll have it fixed in no time.

You may also want to run the DVR troubleshooter on your set-top-box. Press the DVR button on your remote, and select Auto-fix.

0 Likes