Cannot import favorites to iPad remote
leneal

I've successfully installed the Verizon FiOS Mobile App and Mobile Remote App on my iPad2.  The remote function works fine, but I can't import the favorites from the STB.  The online information for the app says "you can update this list by selecting Settings, Import Favorites from STB and then OK."  However, there is no "import" option under settings.  I've even redone the Remote Control Setup, but still can find no option for importing.   What am I missing?  Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Cannot import favorites to iPad remote
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

What is it you are trying to do with the favorites?

0 Likes
leneal
Here is my goal: I want to be able to use my iPad as a TV guide, so I can look up what will be on TV later in the day -- but I don't want to have to scroll through all the channels I don't watch or get. The app can sort channels by All, HD, and Favorites. If I select Favorites, I get a popup saying "No favorites are available at this time." ... An update to my post: Some time after I posted my question here, I contacted Verizon technical support. One technician told me that it is a server issue, that I should be able to upload my favorites from my box (and through the app, from the server to my iPad), and that he would escalate the issue. Another technician called me afterwards and said that there's no server issue, that my favorites can only migrate to the server and other devices ONLY if I have a DVR, which I do not have. ... Frankly, that's not a very satisfying response. The mobile app I use is not the DVR app, and the instructions say nothing about DVRs in the step-by-step. Further, the app for the rival provider (that I just switched from) worked just fine. I was able to set my favorites on line, and the app pulled them down without a DVR being involved. ... If this information is correct, is there a work around? Appreciate any advice.
0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

That is curious. I dont have an Ipad to test with, but a co worker with one will be here tommorrow. We will test with it and let you know.

0 Likes
leneal
Great. Thank you!
0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Thanks for waiting. I got my hands on his Ipad 2 and did some thorough testing and wanted to share with you. The mobile remote WILL work with non DVR boxes. I successfully added favorites to one of our HD non DVR boxes and was able to view the favorites list from the app. There is one caveat though. It does not see the Favorites #2 list. It will only list what is in Favorites #1. Unfortunatly if you have all of your favorites saved in the #2 slot, you will have to manually create the list again under #1. There is no way to simply swap the two.  Also, to make sure you are looking at the correct boxes favorites, at the top left of the guide press the button that says "guide for..." and make sure you are selecting the correct box that has the favorites you are trying to view.

0 Likes
leneal

Thanks.  I'm very happy to hear that it will work with non-DVR boxes, but I'm not sure what to do now.  The Favorites button in the app says "no favorites at this time" when tapped.  (Btw, I only have Favorites 1, nothing for Favorites 2.)  Any advice on where I go from here?

0 Likes
leneal
I just tried the app again to make sure the app was pulling from the right box, and it was. I still get the popup, "No favorite channels at this time."
0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

The only thing left I can think of is that its due to you having Cisco boxes. Thats the only difference between our testing. I dont have a Cisco box that I can test on. I will have to get in contact with the developers and contact you back when I have more information.

0 Likes
wilj1
I have a DVR box, had the same issue, and can confirm that FAV1 favorites work OK. All mine were FAV2 so that's annoying, but true. However I can also report that newly-added Favorites do not appear in the app unless I call up the multitasking bar, kill the app then relaunch it.
0 Likes