Cannot manage my DVR from the Verizon website
secutanudu

I am trying to manage my DVR (Set up recordings, vew currently recorded programs, etc) from the verizson site. It hasn't worked in a couple weeks now, but worked fine for a few months before that.

I get messages like:

"We are unable to process your request. Please try again later."

"Bad Gateway"

After doing some searching, i see that you need the ports open on the router. I checked to see if they were, and these  two entries are "disabled" with no checkbox in the beginning of each line to enable them.

Thanks.

Screenshot of router screen:

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/6527/routerm.jpg

0 Likes
Re: Cannot manage my DVR from the Verizon website
njfinest50

I just called verizon about the same problem. The representative stated that this feature no longer works. 1st my home wifi does not work anymore and now this. I think im going to cancel and go back to comcast or optimum. 

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@njfinest50 wrote:

I just called verizon about the same problem. The representative stated that this feature no longer works. 1st my home wifi does not work anymore and now this. I think im going to cancel and go back to comcast or optimum. 

The representative was wrong.  It works fine for me.  Suggest you go to https://secure.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect, set up a free account, and report the problem.  Include your service address and phone number in the post (it cannot be seen by anyone but you and the Verizon techs who monitor the posts).  They will likely remap the UDP ports for you STB.

0 Likes
gln2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same problem.  Researched it also and saw that techsupport needed to remap the UDP ports.  I merely opened a chat window in the tech support area of the website, explained the problem, and the tech who responded to my question fixed it within a matter of minutes.  Very easy.

0 Likes