Channel 505 (NBC) not displaying
rjholmes1713

Channel 505 (NBC HD) does not display.  when i enter 505 from remote it goes to the channel but it is black no sound, no picture.  When you are on 504 and channel up from the remote it goes to 507 the next channel.  All other channels work.  Last week this happen but it was channel 518.  after a day it worked again.  I have rebooted and unplugged

0 Likes
Re: Channel 505 (NBC) not displaying
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have more than 1 STB?

If so, does it happen on all?

Any other channels?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

You didn't specify your area of the country.  I for example get NBC as 504 in NY and 508 in FL.

If it is your box, try going to menu/Customer Support/Top Support Tools/Fix FIOS TV Issues

0 Likes
eric-h
Enthusiast - Level 2

Noted a somewhat related issue with CBS here on the west coast earlier in the week. When either "Subscribed channels" or "All channels" selected, when in the guide and using the up and down arrows it would skip over CBS (channel 502) and go from the next lower to the next higher channel. Using the right arrow in the guide to go forward in time, then up or down would sometimes allow the channel to be selected and sometimes not.

Same thing with it skipping the channel when using the channel up/down button outside of the guide. The only way to access it was to directly enter the channel and in my case it did bring it up and displayed correctly. I tried power cycling the set top box to no effect but the issue did seem to resolve itself a day or two ago.

0 Likes