Channel outage, rebooted, and boxes not getting signal anymore..
dakk1

We lost some HD channels here a little while ago (apparently theres an outage) and we decided to reboot our set top boxes. Everything was working fine before, and now they won't initialize. It just gets stuck on dashes on the STB display and "One Moment Please" on the TV. I called Tech Support but they insisted it's a physical problem in my house. I completely disagree since both TVs were working fine before the reboot (they are on seperate cables as well). I even swapped boxes to where I know the TV was working, and now I can't them to work anywhere. Any ideas? or can someone check into this on the Verizon side?

0 Likes
Re: Channel outage, rebooted, and boxes not getting signal anymore..
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might want to try rebooting your router as well.  In the Menu>Systems Settings, are your boxes getting an IP address?

0 Likes
dakk1

Yep both boxes have IP addresses, I've rebooted the router like 5 times. I ran the In-Home Agent for No Picture and it says the boxes have no network connectivity.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

see if you can move one box closer to the splitter, and hook it up there, so at that point your taking your splitter and everything after the splitter out of the picture.  you don't have to move the tv, but bring the cable box over and hook it direct to the fios feed.   if you get the time (gotta wait a minute or so) then you know it's the splitter, and you can replace that pretty cheap, 10-20 bux at a radio shack.  just make sure to get 1ghz or higher splitter.  I would think if all your tv's didn't work verizon would have ran a test and sent someone out,    

0 Likes
dakk1

I plugged the box directly into router... same issue. They can't send someone out till Tuesday 😞

Here's what I don't understand. The TV downstairs was rebooted first, the TV upstairs was working the whole time. So I decided to see if it was the cabling by moving the box from downstairs to upstairs. Same issue, so I figured it was the box. I then plugged the box from upstairs back and now it won't come back up. I don't think it's a wiring issue if the box upstairs was working the whole time the box downstairs was not.

0 Likes
achmafooma

Dakk -- I doubt it's your wiring. There seems to be a FIOS outage, at least where I am (Northern Virginia).

I'm having the exact same symptoms. I talked to a tech who couldn't say much more than that they're working on it, but they know there's a system outage.

I'm not sure if it's regional or something bigger. The outage for us seemed to correspond roughly with when a bad thunderstorm went through.

0 Likes
dakk1

Achma -- Go figure, I live in Chantilly (South Riding) 😛

The Agent I spoke to said they checked with the network engineer and theres no outage. And yes, it started after the severe storms today! Good to know..

0 Likes
achmafooma

Too funny. I'm in South Riding too. Maybe it's just our neighborhood!

Still not working for me. Crossing my fingers that it'll be back to normal in the morning. I'll post back here if I find out anything more.

0 Likes
dakk1

Such a small word! I'll do the same 🙂

0 Likes
dakk1

Looks like its back up 🙂 Smiley Very Happy

0 Likes