Cisco 435 DVR Not Adding Space with External eSATA Drive
ChipRodgers

I added an approved 1TB Western Digital eSATA drive to my Cisco 435 DVR.  But it is not showing any additional space available.  It is showing 17% space used with 11 hours of recording -- so a total of about 64 hours of space.  Clearly the DVR is not using the additional external hard drive.

I have tried 8-10 times to reboot, disconnect, reconnect, reboot, etc, etc.  It is not working.

I did go into the DVR hardware menus to find more behind the scenes.  (Press left arrow and OK button on DVR face at same time.)  It is showing both a Drive 0 internal drive with 465 GB space and a Drive 1 external drive with 931 GB.  No read errors on either.

But when i go to page 4/5 it shows Drive 0 with 461GB total and 264GB Free.  Then on page 5/5, it shows Drive 1 where all have Total Space equal 0.0kb or "n/a".

So bottom line, the DVR is somehow recognizing that there is a hard drive there with 931GB capacity, but the "logical" drives are showing zero space available.

Any ideas how to fix this?  Is it possible to force a reformat of the drive?  How do I do that?

Thank you!!

Chip

0 Likes