Cisco STB constantly rebooting
onstrike
My cisco STb is stuck in a cycle of constant reboots. It will make it to the screen where it says to press the menu button to watch tv but regardless if you do or don't it reboots. I also have FiOS internet but that is working fine. This is happening in Glen Burnie, MD
0 Likes
Re: Cisco STB constantly rebooting
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like the box might need reinitialized ... are there any buttons on  the front of the box and can you figure out what model box you have.  Depending on the box, there are a few different ways to force a software reinitialization. 

Otherwise, you can try to have Verizon push the reset from their end -- but it sounds like you might be chasing  timing trying to get that to succeed -- or it's time to have them replace the box with a new one.

0 Likes
onstrike

I have the Cisco CHS 335 HDC. I just got through to support and they did no troubleshooting and are sending a new box out and won't be here until tuesday. I feel like the guy just didn't want to bother, can you or someone help me with this?

0 Likes
btm231
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been having that same exact issue with my Motorolla 7232... This bothers me because I just got it and just got all my series recordings set up!

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

The only things you can normally do

• Make sure the STB/DVR is properly ventilated to avoid overheating
  • Consider using a UPS unit particularly if your power is uneven
  • When all else fails, have Verizon replace the unit
0 Likes