Re: Closed Captioning
cat881

On Remote Go To Menu/Settings/System/Accessability. Choose CC1 and Eglish. That should fix it.

Only thing is I don't thing the closed captioning is as good as before.

It seems it's now controlled by the TV settings not by the show.

Hope that helps

0 Likes
barrykay1
Enthusiast - Level 1

My * button works and I can go through the Menu to select captions.  BUT the setting reverts to OFF when the TV/set box is turned off.  Can the setting be retained.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@barrykay1 wrote:

My * button works and I can go through the Menu to select captions.  BUT the setting reverts to OFF when the TV/set box is turned off.  Can the setting be retained.

I have always had it retain its status.  Don't think there is any setting to control this but you should double check in menu settings.

0 Likes
pturner
Enthusiast - Level 2
Why or why does Verizon do this. Poor quality control
0 Likes
Wendy52

To turn on the closed captioning, hit options, and you see a list. On this list scroll to closed caption. Click to the right, and it will say: OFF.  Go to CC1. Click ok, then hit options again. (you may have to hit ok after that if the closed captioning doesn't come on), but usually not. Work fast because the list doesn't stay on the screen long. - Wendy.

0 Likes
kh_jenn

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thank you.

0 Likes