Connecting Ipad2 to my wireless internet
Ipad6

I just purchased and Ipad 2 and am having trouble connecting to FIOS through my home wireless system.  I can see on the Ipad that I am connected but when I go to try to go to a search engine such as Google nothing happens.

The verizon agent said it appears the Ipad is not recognizing the wireless connection even though the Ipad shows I am connected to the internet.

Has anyone else has this problem and how did you solve it?

0 Likes
Re: Connecting Ipad2 to my wireless internet
Mike_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello Ipad,

Try putting this in your address bar for a website: 192.168.1.1 (your routers address) and hit press enter to see if you get the router login page.  If you do not get a sign in screen then you have not correctly connected the Ipad wireless configuration.

You may have not entered in your password correctly on the Ipad originally.  Select your wireless router in the Wi Fi list and choose forget network.  Then try to join it again and put in your password using all caps for any letters.

Let us know if you need any further assistance after that.

Thanks

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

You may also have to Change to WPA2    Ipad and Iphones, don't tend to like the standard WEP encryption that comes with the Verizon routers.   

0 Likes
fibertechguru
Enthusiast - Level 3

WPA2 is the way to go, you get best wi-fi signal/transmission out of it, and make sure you put your key in uppercase letters in case. If all else fails you might needs to clear your key chain.

Visit http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp/fiosinternet/networking/setup/security/125521.htm to learn how to setup your WPA2 passkey.

0 Likes