Re: Considering switch to FiOS, need information on DVRs
mphare
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks for the reply and the info. I've had DirecTV for 10+ years as well. I have 3 heavily modified Philips 704 DVR with Tivo Service. Like you, switching to Triple Play would up my Internet speeds and lower my overall cost for service. It's a no brainer. However, like how a DVR changes the way you watch TV, MRV changes how you think about your DVRs. We can't go without DVRs and we cannot go without MRV. I wait with bated breath to hear that img 1.9 allows DVR to DVR connectivity so I can go with 3x 7232s and have the same ability I currently have.

0 Likes
Re: Considering switch to FiOS, need information on DVRs
Hubrisnxs
Legend

At the VZ forums at DSL reports, an employee confirmed that it will allow DVR to DVR - so I am pretty confident it will allow it.  He's pretty knowledgeable and has been right many more times than he's ever been wrong.  

Plus the img 1.9 release notes kind of support that statement, from what I am reading

For our DVR and Home Media DVR customers, a number of improvements have been made to the navigation and controls. Customers can easily play all or delete all episodes of a recorded series to manage their entertainment experience with the click of a button. The new IMG will also support thumbnail images of chapters for quickly and easily navigating within a recorded program, just like on a DVD player. If you have Home Media DVR, you will now be able to use multiple STBs as hubs to share recorded content within your home, and also schedule recordings to a DVR from any of the connected non-DVR boxes. 

a hub is what they consider the DVR to transfer recorded content to, and from. 

0 Likes