Currently Unavailable Message for a Single Channel
mdr227
Contributor - Level 1

Has anyone had this issue with a single channel?  The new FSC HD (584) that just came out last week worked for 1/2 a day then it started showing Currently Unavailable.  I had a technician out a few days later and he checked signal strength, changed all the connections at the splitter on every line and the channel started to show up again.  Two days later it went back to Currently Unavailable.   After 2 hours on the phone, an hour tech visit, an hour on online chat, researching all I could, etc. they have no clue what to do and now I have to wait for a technician to come out again in 7 days!!!!!   Gotta love Verizon!  

I can't believe that there is no record of another customer having this issue in their tech support databases and someone can tell me something other than unplug the connection and plug it back in.  

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Currently Unavailable Message for a Single Channel
mdr227
Contributor - Level 1

A quick update on this, the technician came back out this weekend and first tried to change out my connection in the wall plate, but that did not work (he had previously changed all the connections at the splitter) and since the channel would go out on all my DVRs at the same time it definitely seemed to be something outside.   He changed out the outside connection and now the channel has been working for a few days straight.  Have my fingers crossed it will continue to work.

View solution in original post

Hubrisnxs
Legend
It has to be alot of customers having the same issue and in the same area foany kinda system to start linking people. Just curious though does that chanel work at all?. Its not upgrade everywhere yet. In the tv programing forum we found that it was released to a couple areas and would be fully released by the end of the month
0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
Oh i see it dud work and went out again. Yeah its common for one channel to go out and it be due to wiring. If the channel is coming out of their main head end office (he just calls and asks them) then the problem is typically going to be in the house somewhere. so do you have multiple tv's and does that chanel go out on all of them?
0 Likes
mdr227
Contributor - Level 1

Yes, we do have multiple HD DVRs and it is the same issue on each one.  

Hubrisnxs
Legend

If it is a channel that you should be getting (meaning your area has it already) then you would want to go to where the main coax splitter is, and reseat the main coax cable (disconnect it fully and then reconnect it nice and snug), if you're relatively handy then you may want to replace that splitter altogerhet (they are pretty cheap)

outside of that, you may have to call Verizon To have another technician come back out, they may reset the main ONT (you can do that as well by following these instructions) or call them or open a live chat session and they can do it remotely.  if it doesn't work however, and you have or can not replace the splitter or reseat the cables yourself, then you will want a tech to drop by again.  The problem has to have a single point of failure, since all the boxes are having the same problem, so the single points of failure are few.  It's either the main splitter, the coax cable going from that splitter to the main ONT (network terminal) the ONT itself, or a problem at the headend.  Only the last one really needs Verizon involvement, unless you don't feel comfortable playing with the cables yourself. 

you have a few options of working with Verizon

Call them at 1-800-VERIZON

Open a Live chat by clicking on contact us

Reaching out to them at www.twitter.com/verizonsupport

Reaching out to them at the Verizon Direct forum

0 Likes
mdr227
Contributor - Level 1

The technician changed out all of the connections into and out of the splitter. We also reconnected everything along with way (at the router, to the TVs and from the wall plates, etc.).   It worked fine for a day or two then went out again on all of the TVs.  Then this morning the channel is appearing again (without doing anything), but it's just a matter of time until it goes out again.   My question is I could understand a connection issue if it were all of the HD channels, but why on just this one (the newest one released about a week ago, doesn't happen on the previously released HD channel BET). 

Hubrisnxs
Legend

basically you have moderate shorts and severe shorts.  It just depends on how bad it is.  It sounds like your issue isn't severe and thus only one channel is affected. OR it could be a legitimate issue with the channel, but from my experience that is rare (not to say it doesn't happen, but not all that often)

It's pretty commonplace,   I've had to replace two bad legs of cable in the last 6 years for the same issue.  

Sometimes reseating it fixes it for a few weeks or months, and then it ultimately gets to a point where reseating the cable doesn't fix it and it has to be replaced. 

You don't by some wierd chance have a 4g phone do you? 

I heard that can mess with channels in wierd scenario's

0 Likes
mdr227
Contributor - Level 1

A quick update on this, the technician came back out this weekend and first tried to change out my connection in the wall plate, but that did not work (he had previously changed all the connections at the splitter) and since the channel would go out on all my DVRs at the same time it definitely seemed to be something outside.   He changed out the outside connection and now the channel has been working for a few days straight.  Have my fingers crossed it will continue to work.

tbear790

I have been having this same problem. Same channels...all the regular non HD HBO's, Non HD QVC 150 and Wealth TV 169 and HD 669. Get the check message. Have rebooted...refreshed....online they tried to reboot and could not get it to reboot remotely. After an hour of unplugging and trying to reboot they said to send out tech. Tech came out and replaced splitter. Worked for 3 days. Back again with them not working or working with bad pixelation on occasion on 1 TV. I cant take another day off of work to get this fixed so waiting for their next available saturday....

0 Likes